The change from summer into winter cannot be denied. Not only are there visual queues of fall in nature, but there are many options to fill your open schedule with fun activities. Take a peek into our list, and give one a try!
- Try a seasonal drink (preferably pumpkin) – whether or not you think they’re overrated, give it a shot. You might just “Fall” in love with the taste.
- Invest in a new Fall wardrobe Accessory, preferably boots. Yes, I said it. I don’t care if you own five pairs or ten pairs, you can never have enough. New season, new accessories!
- Carve a pumpkin. I actually did this for the first time two years ago (yes, I know, long overdue) and I have to say, although it was messy and harder than I imagined, it was fun and I enjoyed it. A great activity to do with the little ones or friends!
- Host a Fall party. Who said you had to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy pumpkin pie and turkey? Bring out the cinnamon-scented candles and get your baking gloves on. You earned yourself a full Fall feast.
- Go on a long drive. If you’re into scenery and beautiful sights, this is your season. Take a drive down the long road and witness all the colors around you. It’s breathtaking!
- Attend a bonfire. Roast marshmallows have a cup of hot chocolate and bond around the bonfire. Ideal for the weather and always a fun time.
- Do something spooky! Whether it’s embarking on a haunted hayride or attending a haunted house attraction, push yourself to experience some fun thrills and chills.
- Get creative. Try out a new recipe by using key Fall ingredients! (Apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, pecans and more) Check out: Fall Desserts
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Another great activity to do with the family!
- Go apple picking. Who would have thought you could have so much fun picking apples! The right time is now. Do it!
- Attend a Fall festival. Check to see what’s going on in and around your town. I’m sure you will be able to find something.
- Go on a hike. Another outdoor activity to take in the beauty of Fall.
- Try out a corn maze. Though they can get tricky, they’re nothing short of a good time, that is, with good company.
- Have a movie marathon. My friends and I always make sure to have a scary movie marathon at least once in October. It only makes sense.
- Make a list of goals for this season and the season to come. After all, we’re only a couple of months away from a new year. And in the process, make a mental list of all the things you are thankful for.
What's Your Reaction?
Our staff is committed to showcasing authors who care about diversity throughout the U.S and abroad. We hope you enjoy our literary offerings, and we welcome your requests and comments. Enjoy!