Summer is full of wonderful and exciting things, but melting foundation, smeared eyeliner, and dry hair are definitely not among them. Here are some awesome tips for making sure your makeup stays intact, and your hair stays healthy.
Before applying makeup for the day, make sure your face is freshly washed and moisturized. Since summer is such a critical season when it comes to skin, making sure your skin stays moisturized is such a key component, especially if you’re going to be wearing makeup all day every day.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
$10.92 (0h 35m)
Invest in a primer.
NYX Studio Perfect Primer
$13.00 (0h 41m)
Highlight and Illuminators
One technique that is very high in demand in the makeup world is highlighting and illuminating.It’s one of the hottest makeup trends to date. It helps your face to glow in all the right places and is a key step in wrapping up your final makeup look.For lighter skin, warm and cool tones work very well with the skin. For medium to dark skin, the warmer the highlighter is, the better the results! If you want to get the sun-kissed glow effect, then warmer tones will do you justice.
Laura Mercier Face Illuminator
$44.00 (2h 18m)
For a product on the cheaper side…
E.L.F. Sunkissed Glow Bronzer
$2.00 (0h 7m)
This product can be found online and at your local Target, Walmart, and any drugstore that sells E.L.F. products.This product fits any skin type and color.
Another key component in maintaining your makeup look in the summer is setting spray. The matte look is a look that is stressed in the summer due to the heat and humidity. Setting spray, just like a primer, helps to hold your makeup in place. The only difference is that instead of using this product before makeup application, is that you apply it afterward.
NYX Makeup Setting Spray: Matte
$8.00 (0h 25m)
Not only do you need to protect your skin in the summer, but this means your hair as well. The sun tends to dry out hair, so you’ll need to make sure you keep it moisturized.
Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Deep Conditioner
$3.84 (0h 12m)
This product can be found at your local Walmart, Target or any local drug store that sells Pantene products. This product is better for 1, 2a, 2b, and 2c hair types.
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
$12.99 (0h 41m)
This product can be found at your local Walmart, Target, or any local drug store that sells Shea Moisture products. This product is better for 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a, and 4b hair types.
- Try to avoid tool-based styles during the summer. Since the sun is already putting heat on your hair, try to take it easy with the blow dryer and flat iron.
- Keep ends trimmed! Summer is the time where you see a lot of split ends which aren’t healthy for your hair, and on top of that, they don’t look good.
- If you have color to your hair, make sure you maintain and keep up with it! Color can be damaging and dry if it’s not taken care of properly.
Best tip of all:
Stay hydrated by drinking tons of water! Your skin, hair, and body will thank you. There are awesome products to help you out with this, but if you’re not drinking enough water, then you aren’t going to achieve anything.
Written by: Morgan Fitzpatrick
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
What's Your Reaction?
Our staff is committed to showcasing authors who care about diversity throughout the U.S and abroad. We hope you enjoy our literary offerings, and we welcome your requests and comments. Enjoy!