Every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., FRESHFARM By the White House offers a variety of lunch options, fresh fruits and vegetables. Until Nov. 16, DC locals gather on Vermont Ave NW to check out the many vendors, farmers and producers.
Food options include wood fired pizza, Chinese dumplings, BBQ pork, kettle corn and lemonade. The farmers market is a convenient place to grab a quick meal during lunch break or a place to grab fresh produce for dinner.
Christina Marie Chambers of Black Pearl Tarts was selling sweet and savory tartines and said Black Pearl Tarts has been coming to the farmers market for about two months but has been in business for a year and a half.
Chambers said their best seller is their chocolate and spicy peanut butter which is a Haitian style peanut butter that they make with scotch bonnet peppers.
“There are ice cream tarts as well,” Chambers said. “Those are like ice cream sandwiches but they don’t ooze all over because tarts have side to them.”
Other tasty treats included freshly popped kettle corn that could be smelled from around the block, cold-pressed juices and fresh baked bread.
FRESHFARM has at least one farmers market a day at different locations including, Dupont Circle, CityCenter DC, Foggybottom and Penn Quarter. According to their website, they have markets located in Maryland and Virginia as well.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)