D.C. locals enjoyed the summer weather at the outdoor wine and beer festival
Just in time for the 4th of July, D.C. locals came out last weekend for Drink the District: Red, White, and Brew edition. With live music, delicious food trucks, and unlimited samples from both local and international breweries and wineries, this all-American beer and wine festival kicked off the holiday celebrations early.
On Saturday and Sunday, June 29-30, 2013, Drink the District took over Yards Park for a weekend of patriotic drinking and socializing by the scenic Anacostia River. Visitors overcame the weekend’s heat by sipping on samples of beer and wine from the hundreds of tastings available. Local bands and fun lawn games kept the party going, while over a dozen local food trucks supplied all the hearty American favorites anyone could ask for, from gourmet grilled cheese and classic BBQ entrees to ice cream sandwiches for a refreshing cart-cooked snack.
All ages enjoyed the spirited event. And whether a wine or beer connoisseur or just looking for a little patriotic fun before the holiday, the event had it all. Samantha Goldberg, a senior at the University of Maryland, came down with a car-full of friends for the event. “I loved it.” She raved, “I would definitely recommend it to others!”
But if you missed it, Drink the District, a company devoted to hosting affordable beverage-centered events for young professionals in the city, will be holding another event on July 27 and 28. Celebrating their first birthday, after a year of non-stop entertaining events, this Drink the District: Beer Edition will feature over fifty local brews.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
What's Your Reaction?
Our staff is committed to showcasing authors who care about diversity throughout the U.S and abroad. We hope you enjoy our literary offerings, and we welcome your requests and comments. Enjoy!