Inside a small hat shop in Georgetown, a fun night with whiskey and hats was taking place. On October 19, 2016, Goorin Bros. and I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey had paired up to create an event unlike any other.
Upon entering the small shop, guests were greeted with staff members busting around with tape measures hanging from their necks, and greeting those who just entered. A bartender was to the right, mixing the drink called The Tip Of The Hat which was made to celebrate the launch of the new Goorin Bros. felt fedora hat, which will go on sale beginning in early November.
The small shop truly embodies the spirit of Georgetown, with antique calculators, typewriters, and gramophones were on display throughout the shop scattered throughout the dozens of hats on display.
According to Nicole Sharma, the shopkeeper at the Georgetown location, the shop was designed to look like Georgetown, with all the antique items on display coming from the D.C. area.
Within the upbeat atmosphere, each of the workers in the shop truly made the experience wonderful and easy for all people.
“We really make sure that we fit everybody into something that not only fits their head but also fits their lifestyle, which is really important,” Sharma said.
To celebrate the release of The Harper, see below for “The Tip Of The Hat” recipe that we all couldn’t get enough of!
Tip of the Hat
- 1.25 oz. I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz. pear brandy
- 2 oz. lemon juice
Combine ingredients and shake.
Rim the glass with cinnamon sugar.
Pour over the glass. Garnish with a pear slice.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)