Here are some genius ideas on how to create the garden of your dreams, no matter how small it is.
You want to turn your garden into a beautiful piece full of plants, peace, and art. However, you may have a problem – you have thousands of ideas, but the garden in question is too small for you to completely unleash your gardening skills. Of course, you can always contact an expert to help you in the arrangement. Yet, if you want to do it all by yourself, you will probably find the following few paragraphs quite useful. Here are some genius ideas on how to create the garden of your dreams, no matter how small it is.
In order to achieve great results, you need to carefully choose your plants, planters, decorations, and furniture (if you want any). If you love flowers and want many of them to adorn your garden, you can try to take as much advantage as possible of the vertical space. You can do it by placing all your pots on a simple wood ladder. You can even paint it in a color that suits the whole design of the garden. In order to make sure that the pots will not fall from the ladder, it is a good idea to drill a long screw from the underside of the rung. Then place the pot’s drainage hole so as the top of the screw passes through it. Now you are ready to plant.
Making your own multi-tiered planters is another way to use the vertical space in your garden. You will only need wood planks, nails, and a hammer. You can also make really stylish box-like planters that you can hang on the fences of your garden or if you have turned your balcony into one you can even mount them directly on the walls. Thus, your plants will be protected from your curious pets.
After you have found out how to store and arrange all your pots, now it is time to make your small garden look bigger. Here are some magic tricks to achieve this:
- Add a mirror. A well-placed mirror will brighten your garden and make it appear more spacious. I would recommend you to opt for a bigger mirror, yet small ones will do the work as well.
- Be careful with the size of the furniture in your garden. If you place large chairs, benches, and tables, they will surely overwhelm the space and make it appear even smaller than it actually is.
- Avoid tiny plants. Bigger plants in a small garden are always a better option. You can even opt for trees, but be careful to choose ones that are suitable for the size of the place. Moreover, try not to use too many plants, otherwise, you might clutter the space.
- Proper lighting makes miracles. Make sure not to use too many lights in your garden, for they will make it look smaller. Not enough lights, however, will make the place not particularly appealing. In other words, you need to find the perfect balance. You need sufficient lightning, but several dark areas will create the impression of depth and more space.
- Colors also matter. As you probably know, different colors create different perceptions. If you have a small garden, it is a good idea to plant warm-colored flowers in its front and cooler-colored flowers towards its back. Thus it will look much more spacious.
I really hope that you have found these ideas helpful. And, finally, you need to know that it is not that important if your garden is big or small. What actually matters is for it to be well-arranged, regularly maintained and cleaned by professionals like Deluxe Gardeners London. Yes, we all know how tiresome maintenance and cleaning might be, but they are fundamental for the good look of any home and garden, in particular.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)