Chef Shirley demonstrates recipes to showcase Suriny Rice Bran Oil’s gourmet and health qualities. Suriny Rice Bran Oil has a high smoke point which makes it an excellent medium for Stir Frying. This oil can be heated to 419 degrees (flashpoint/steam
CHICKEN AND BASIL STIR FRY
Recipe By: Shirley Scrafford
Serving Size: 4
Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
——– ———— ——————————–
2 Tablespoons Suriny rice bran oil — divided
1/2 large red onion — vertically sliced
3 large shiitake mushroom — stemmed, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 cups broccoli florets
2 small carrot — peeled, cut into matchsticks
1 pound chicken tenders — cubed
3 Tablespoons fresh basil — julienned
1 Tablespoon Tamari soy sauce — or to taste
Heat one tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and orange peel and stir fry until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add broccoli and carrots and stir fry another 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and just tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add chicken cubes and stir fry for 5 minutes or until completely cooked. Add vegetables back to skillet with chicken. Add basil and stir fry one minute longer. Season to taste with soy sauce.
Per Serving – 218 Calories; 8g Fat (31.8% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 474mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SURINY RICE BRAN OIL:
- Gamma Oryzanol: Gamma Oryzanol is a naturally occurring component, uniquely found in Rice Bran Oil. It has been found to be effective in treating symptoms of menopause, treat elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Tocotrienol: Tocotrienols are forms of natural vitamin E that can help protect against brain cell damage, help prevent several forms of cancer and help reduce cholesterol. This is a very rare and potent anti-oxidant and is naturally present in Rice Bran
- Tocopherol: Tocopherols are forms of natural vitamin E that neutralizes free radicals in the body. Mainly tocopherol is characterized by protective antioxidation effect similar to squalene. It is recommended for some diseases, such as neurologic disorder with muscular asthenopia (eye-strain), mucosa and skin disorders, etc
- Polyphenols: Polyphenols belong to a very effective natural substance acting against free radicals. Polyphenols have a positive effect on heart function, digestive system, blood clotting, encourage digestion, improve sight.
- Squalene: Squalene is one of the most important skin lipid components that influences normal skin metabolism and keeps its positive mechanical properties. Squalene reduces and significantly removes the harmful effects of polluted environment on the organism. This effect means removing of chronic fatigue symptoms of persons living in polluted environment.
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil has the best balance of Saturated, Monounsaturated, and Polyunsaturated Fats compared to all other edible oil available in the market. It has no Trans Fat. It is the oil of choice for improving serum cholesterol levels and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil is hypoallergenic. For those who have an intolerance to other cooking oils, this is an excellent alternative.
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil is a multi-purpose cooking oil (Stir-Fry, Deep Fry, Grilling, Baking, Salad Dressing)
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil has a High Smoke Point which makes it ideal for Stir-Frying and Deep Frying
- Due to the lightness of Suriny Rice Bran oil, there is less absorption, and foods prepared with this oil are less greasy.
- Suriny Rice Bran oil has a mild flavor, therefore enhances the flavor of food being prepared
- Suriny Rice Bran oil emulsifies easily and blends well with other ingredients. e.g. great for Salad dressing.
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil gives ideal color to fried food (It gives beautiful golden colors to foods like Chicken, eggs, and fish)
- Suriny Rice Bran Oil has over 70 antioxidants which can help fight disease such as cancer
By the way here is our link to get it on the shelf. http://www. getontheshelf.com/product/ 3839/Suriny-Rice-Bran-Oil
What's Your Reaction?
Our staff is committed to showcasing authors who care about diversity throughout the U.S and abroad. We hope you enjoy our literary offerings, and we welcome your requests and comments. Enjoy!