Food and fashion, what more can a 20-something year old ask for? This unique concept of combining retail fashion and the restaurant business was brought about by sneaker designer Joh Geigerm co-founder of Premium clothing Davin Gentry, and DMV nightlife host Kevin “Scooty” Hallums.
The exclusive retail products Diet Starts Monday offers are not fast fashion items but staple pieces but still will make you stand out. Better known for their graphic tees, the brand has a sense of humor when it comes to a play on words on some of their clothing.
Together the owners have come up with a menu that is just as daring and cutting-edge as the exclusive products they sell. One of the most popular menu items (check it out via Instagram, @DietStartsMonday__) is the “Navy Bird” which is a fried chicken in between two glazed donuts topped with plantains. Yes, fried chicken and a glazed donut…the name of the establishment couldn’t be more perfect. Oh, did we mention that they make cocktails too? Cocktails include Casa Noble tequilas.
The retail + restaurant + bar opened May 1, 2017. Before going to check them out make sure to look at the hours of operation. We will save you time on a Google search.
Diet Starts Monday is located at 2005 14th St. NW, DC 20009
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
What's Your Reaction?
Our staff is committed to showcasing authors who care about diversity throughout the U.S and abroad. We hope you enjoy our literary offerings, and we welcome your requests and comments. Enjoy!