Washington, DC is one of those unique towns that can give perspective to the past, present and future. This weekend is no different. Take a look at our picks for things to do this weekend.
There’s no shortage of entertainment this weekend as it begins with the DC Beer Festival at the Nationals Park, where craft beers and baseball lovers unite. Closer to the heart of the city is a weekend filled with culinary entertainment and education at the MetroCooking DC’s Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show in the Washington Convention Center. Get some inspiration for your holiday menus and spark some conversation with celebrities like Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay. Then work off all that food and drink at the Veterans Day 10k and Walk at West Potomac Park. The weather reports indicate a gorgeous autumn day for Sunday! And for those looking ahead into next week, The Concert of Valor at the National Mall is a must-see event whether on the couch or live on the grounds. This is a free event and major headliners like Rihanna and Carrie Underwood will certainly not disappoint the expected crowd of 250,000 attendees!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
What's Your Reaction?
Gigi Smith is the chief editor of DC Life Magazine, a publication specializing in cultural diversity for social change in the nation's capital.